When: Friday June 23th To Sunday June 25th
QUICK NOTE: The dates on the registration page are incorrect, we are getting it fixed but wanted to avoid confusion... The correct dates are on THIS page.. June 23rd - 25th
Last year we had our first Hourglass Campout at TWO Wheels of Suches and it was a huge success so we are bringing it back early this year! We will be camping out Friday and Sat night June 23 &24th and ALL makes and types of bikes and riders are welcome. Registration is free & we will be leading a group dual-sport ride from Hourglass Cycles to T.W.O. Wheels of Suches on Friday. There will also be lots of GPX routes to share with everyone, both Dual sport and road routes for the weekend. If you are unfamiliar with your NAV system we can help load routes for you. Sat night we have rented a huge inflatable movie screen, projector and speakers and will watch a moto-movie on the big screen right on the lawn of the campground! KLiM has donated a new KLiM jacket to giveaway sat night along with some other goodies we will bring for giveaways.
Advanced registration is recommended and free... It helps the campground to know how many people to expect. if you fill out the registration form we will keep you updated on info and details for the event. We will also be sending out a link to downloadable .gpx files containing all the routes we will give out. These will include street loops as well as some good dual sport riding around the area.
*** PLEASE FILL OUT THE INFO AND HIT SUBMIT... IT'S FREE...YOU WILL BE PLACED ON THE EMAIL LIST FOR THE EVENT THAT WILL INCLUDE UPDATES, DETAILS, AND LINKS TO .GPX ROUTE FILES TO DOWNLOAD. REGISTRATION WILL ALSO PUT YOUR NAME IN THE HAT FOR THE GIVEAWAYS SAT NIGHT AND THE NEW KLiM JACKET!
If you've never been to TWO Wheels of Suches, you are missing out! It is the oldest motorcycle-only campground not he east coast, possibly the country and in recent years has had a complete makeover to make it even better. The entire grounds are manicured fresh cut grass for camping, there are fire rings all around the campgrounds, the main lodge has two rooms for rent as well as a dining hall and a very good restaurant. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the dining hall and it makes a good gathering place during the weekend. There are also cabins available for rent and as of this writing there are still some available. The new owners have put a VERY nice bathhouse with hot individual showers, sinks and toilet stalls for campers to use.
SOME QUICK INFO:
* Advanced registration strongly recommended (see above) but not required. It helps us plan and help the kitchen prepare for the correct amount of people. If you are planning on coming, or possibly coming, please register. Again, you can click HERE to register.
* If ground camping, you will NOT need to reserve a spot in advance, if you'd like to rent a cabin you can do so through TWO Wheels of Suches' website... click here for that link. They go fast!
* The movie Sat night will be set up on the lawn and will be a motorcycle related film. We will email those registered with more info on this as we approach the event.
* We will lead a group ride from our dealership up to the campsite Friday mid morning- early afternoon. It will be a dual sport ride with some gravel roads and light off road once we get up to the mountains. Nothing too technical since everyone will be loaded up for the weekend.
*.GPX route files will be shared with all that register. They will be placed on either a google drive or Dropbox for everyone registered to browse through and download as they wish. They will include short morning/ afternoon rides as well as all day loops and will be labeled for on-road and dual sport routes. We will have a laptop up there to help those that do not know how to upload .gpx files to their nav but it's recommended that you grab them and pre-load them onto your NAV beforehand. We do this to give you something you can enjoy and share long after the event as well as allowing people not as familiar with the area to split off into smaller groups and self-guide the rides during the weekend.
* This is a pretty loosely structured event, we like to keep it very low key and leave it open for people to do as they please during the day. If you need some help with where to ride we will be up there to help give suggestions and mark maps if needed. It's really all about getting together, riding, and hanging out around the campfire meeting new friends and catching up with old ones.